30 April, 2007

New Type Of Shame...

After having acknowledged that I suffer from "3rd party shame"
(i.e. the shame you feel as if you were in another person's shoes)
I've realized that I also suffer from a new unbapthized type of shame: I am ashamed of giving money to beggars!!
Usually I keep a couple of Kazakh coins in my pocket (something like 10 or 20 euro cents), but before I pass them on to a beggar I anticipate the shame of receiving thanks for something that we both clearly value so differently.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jardim said...

Then you can just ask someone to give it to the beggars... or will you then suffer the "3rd party shame"?

30 April, 2007  
Blogger Russo said...

Cunning... but it would cause 3rd party shame in the end...

02 May, 2007  
Blogger Jardim said...

Then I'll just say: forget the beggars! Put the money you would give them in a money-box, and when you have a lot, just give it to a charity institution! How about that?

03 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home