03 April, 2007

Airplane "Shit" Chats...

Last time on the airplane I sat down next to an American guy.
We soon started chatting, he seemed quite wise and at some point he told me that he was going back home, to New York.
I replied that I was also going back home, to Lisbon.

After hearing this he congratulated me on my beautiful country.
I was in shock... an American that was aware of the existence of Portugal, it seemed clear I was in the presence of a wise person.

I was lost in these thoughts when he added:
"I was there once you know... in Málaga!!"

At this point, I turned to the side and pretended to sleep for the remaining 6 hours of the flight.
I should have known better about "wise" Americans...
(In case you too are a wise American: Málaga is located on the other country of the Iberian Peninsula, commonly known as... Spain!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gonçalo Veiga said...

LOL! We can never get used to that, can we?!

05 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home